Let’s get this new year started on the right track!
This Fat-free Vegan Nacho Cheese recipe surprised us when our family members went crazy for it at our New Year gathering. A perfect blend of smooth, cheesy, and tangy with a spicy kick — you won’t believe these are made from potatoes and carrots. Dairy-free, cholesterol-free, oil-free, gluten-free, and 100% plant-powered, here’s a healthier option for those savory cravings to get the year off on a Super start!
Power up! Choose to live a Super life.
- 2 cups diced potatoes (diced into about 1 cm cubes for faster cooking) or about 7 small potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter each)
- 1 cup diced carrots (diced into about 1 cm cubes each) or 1 medium-sized carrot (about 5 inches in length)
- 1/2 cup broth from the boiled potatoes and carrots
- juice of 1/2 lemon + 1 more tsp
- 1/2 cup [url href=”http://www.thesuperfoodgrocer.com/products/nutritional-yeast-manila-philippines” target=”_blank”]The Superfood Grocer Nutritional Yeast[/url] (Delivered to your doorstep when ordered from [url href=”http://www.thesuperfoodgrocer.com/products/nutritional-yeast-manila-philippines” target=”_blank”]thesuperfoodgrocer.com[/url])
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons (or 1/8 cup) pickled jalapeno (May also use fresh jalapeno, but use smaller amount and just add to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place the diced potatoes and carrots in a pot. Cover in just enough water and bring to a boil.
- Strain and set aside the broth (Do not throw away).
- In a blender, add all ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. You may stop and scrap the sides every once in a while or use a tamper, if your blender comes with one. This recipe works best with power blenders such as the [url href=”http://www.thesuperfoodgrocer.com/products/vitamix-philippines-blender-5200″ target=”_blank”]Vitamix High Speed Blender[/url] or the [url href=”http://www.thesuperfoodgrocer.com/products/jtc-omniblend-high-speed-blender-philippines” target=”_blank”]JTC Omniblend Blender[/url] (Available at [url href=”http://www.thesuperfoodgrocer.com/collections/tools-equipment” target=”_blank”]thesuperfoodgrocer.com[/url] and delivered to your doorstep), but can also be made with a regular blender.
- Adjust to taste. Add more salt if needed, or more jalapeno if you prefer a stronger kick.
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
- This dip lasts for about a week in the refrigerator when stored in a sealed container or jar.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.