One Filipino breakfast favourite is definitely longsilog: longganisa, sinangag and itlog. Anything with -silogs are breakfast (or even all-day) Filipino favourites from tocino, tapa, corned beef, to even bangus. This time, we decided to give vegan longganisa a try. We paired it with tofu scramble and some garlic brown rice. Being on a plant-based lifestyle doesn’t necessarily mean we don’t get to enjoy our favourite foods! We love getting creative in the kitchen and coming up with new recipes. This one is a must-try especially for longganisa lovers out there looking for a healthier, plant-based alternative. We paired these longganisas with some tofu scramble and garlic rice.
Makes 16-18 sausages
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for the breadcrumbs
- Add the breadcrumbs and mix well. Feel free to add more depending on desired firmness.
- In a non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.*
- Form into sausage shapes or whatever shape you desire.*
- Pan-fry for 3-5 minutes while moving around the longganisa for even cooking.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together except the tofu, onion and basil.
- In a pan, heat oil and sauté onions and tomatoes (if using) until tender.
- Add in tofu and crumble using a fork.
- Mix in the spices and coat the tofu.
- Sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in basil, if using, and mix well.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.