We love the holidays because of the time we spend with our loved ones. But at the same time, family gatherings call for some delicious and hearty meals to have your loved ones enjoy! So why not serve a healthier, vegan version of your favourite? We love this lasagna recipe because not only is it delicious but you can have the lentil mushroom sauce and use it in other pasta dishes if you’d like! We’ve had it in a lentil bolognese version, and this time we have it in a lasagna one.
We opted for a vegan cheese to top our lasagna with for a dairy-free and plant-based alternative! There are a lot of vegan cheeses produced locally that we really love! We used here In A Nutshell’s Gouda “cheese”, which we really love.
1 1/2 cup cooked lentils (I used the orange ones)
1 cup mushrooms, minced
1/4 cup diced onions
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup tomato sauce
2 tbsp coco sugar, for sweetness
1/2 cup vegetable broth (or sub water)
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/2 tsp pepper
Chili flakes (optional)
1 tbsp chopped basil, packed
1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cook pasta and lentils according to package instructions. (Note: lentils will continue to cook in the tomato sauce mixture so do not overcook it in the boiling water.)
- While lentils are cooking, sauté onions in 2 tbsp vegetable broth. Once onions are tender, add in the mushrooms, tomato sauce, paste and coco sugar.
- Stir until well incorporated then add in cooked lentils directly to the tomato mixture. Mix well and add the remaining vegetable broth.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper, basil. Mix well.
Assembling the Lasagna
Lasagna sheets (HALF-cooked according to package instructions)
2 cups tomato sauce
Mushroom Lentil Bolognese
- In a deep dish, add a little oil and tomato sauce.
- Place the lasagna sheets and cover the bottom of the dish.
- Add lentil Bolognese and some fresh basil. Add another layer of lasagna sheets. Repeat for another 3-4 times (depending how big your dish is).
- Pour remaining tomato sauce into the dish. Coat the lasagna well.
- Add the cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Enjoy while hot!
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.