This is one of our favourite recipes! Not only is this lentil bolognese recipe perfect with some spaghetti or penne, but you can also use it as a filling for some lasagna and cannelloni for a vegan and meat-free version of your holiday favourite!
- 1 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, minced (or you can opt to use dried mushrooms, soaked in water)
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- SFG Coco Sugar, for sweetness
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or sub water)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Chili flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- Cooked pasta or noodles of choice
- Cook pasta and lentils according to package instructions. (Note: lentils will continue to cook in the tomato sauce mixture so do not overcook it in the boiling water.)
- While lentils are cooking, sauté onions in some vegetable broth or olive oil. Once onions are tender, add in the tomato sauce, paste and coco sugar.
- Stir until well incorporated then add in cooked lentils directly to the tomato mixture. Mix well and add the remaining vegetable broth.
- Season the mixture with salt, pepper and oregano. Mix well.
- Add onto cooked pasta. Top with some nutritional yeast and fresh basil. Enjoy!
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.