Vegan Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches made with young jackfruit –yes, jackfruit!– along with the simplest ingredients. We also made our own Barbecue Sauce, instead of using store-bought, bottled sauces. The Barbecue Sauce is free of any unwanted high fructose corn syrup and is also refined-sugar free.
This pulled “pork” recipe is perfect for sandwiches. Here we had them with red cabbage, ice lettuce and drizzled with more barbecue sauce in between burger buns. The pulled “pork” is also good to be eaten as is and is completely cholesterol-free, fuss-free and 100% Super!
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbsp SFG Coco Sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos/soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients, bring to a boil then simmer over low heat.
- Stir frequently for 5-8 minutes,
- 2 cups fresh young jackfruit (can opt to use canned)
- 1-1 1/2cups water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (can opt to use store-bought sauce)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste -Burger buns or any bread of choice
- Fresh vegetables of choice
- Over medium heat, add the jackfruit, water, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper then leave covered for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the jackfruit has become tender, add 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. (Note: more water may need to be added depending on how tender jackfruit is)
- After another 10 minutes, add the rest of the barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- Shred the jackfruit using 2 forks. It should be tender enough to be shredded. If not, feel free to add more water and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Note: Canned jackfruit may cook faster than fresh ones so you may need to adjust cooking time.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.