Woot! Congratulations on your first order! Super things await. While waiting for your Superfood StarterPack to arrive, drop by your nearest grocery or palengke to get your ingredients.
Here’s your healthy grocery list to make your first delicious Supercharging Green Smoothie:
The Beginner’s First Grocery List for Super Green Smoothies
- 3 to 5 bunches of fresh leafy greens
- You can start with green camote (sweet potato) tops or kangkong first, which are milder in taste. One bunch usually makes 2 to 3 batches (about 32oz or 2 tall glasses each), so this should last you about a week, as you start. Increase this as your taste buds adjust and as you increase your serving size.
- 1 to 3 bunches of ripe Lacatan bananas
- The riper or the more black spots on the skin, the more antioxidants. Don’t worry about spoilage, we can peel and freeze these for a smooth creamy consistency reminiscent of vanilla ice cream. Ripe bananas are usually sold at sale prices. If none are available, buy early and wait to ripen.
- add-on fruits of choice
- Your call on this one! Try to get fruits in season. The Philippines is abundant in delicious tropical fruits: mango, pineapple, papaya, avocado, durian, strawberry, chico, guyabano (soursop — though tricky to remove the seeds) — the list goes on! As a starting rule of thumb, just think 1 cup for every batch. For example, 4 mangoes = 4 batches. Try to get some that are already ripe so you can start blending your first Super Green Smoothie right away.
- optional: herbs
- Give your smoothies a power punch both in flavor and in detox powers by adding optional herbs of choice: cilantro, mint, parsley, basil, pandan, lemongrass, among others. If you’re new to the taste of herbs and leafy greens, stick to the basic combinations of fruits and leafy greens for now.
- optional: liquid base
- You can also use fresh coconut water (buko juice) instead of plain water as a liquid base. We recommend this over non-dairy milk (soy, nut, hemp, rice) to minimize the processed ingredients for first-timers and also for you to be able to have a taste of your first Super Green Smoothie in its freshest, purest form.
Haven’t ordered your Superfood StarterPack yet?
You can head over to our online store. We deliver nationwide (Philippines) and you can conveniently purchase via credit card, PayPal, or even bank deposit. Our Superfood StarterPacks include Maca Powder, Malunggay, Cacao Nibs, Coconut Sugar, and depending on the variant you choose, Camu Camu or Spirulina. Everything is natural, organic, and 100% plant-based. We also have other rockin’ plant-based Superfoods such as Chia Seeds, Vanilla Hemp Brown Rice Pea Protein, Dates, Raw Pili Nuts, and many others. Experience more energy, less cravings, deeper sleep, faster recovery, glowing skin, super immunty, and a supercharged overall more vibrant life! Get healthy. Start here.