Packed with protein, flavour and nutrients; this Super Tempeh Vegetable Dumplings Recipe won’t disappoint! For the filling cooked down a mix shredded cabbage, bean sprouts, bell peppers, onions and carrots along with sautéed (pre-steamed) Super Tempeh which we seasoned with teriyaki sauce. We placed this in our flour dumpling wrappers before steaming.
After cooking our filling, we went on to wrap our dumplings. This part may be tricky for some but practice makes perfect! Here’s how we wrapped our dumplings. But feel free to wrap them as you wish. Watching tutorial videos on the different dumpling wrapping styles also help!
Place the wrapper on your palm. Dip your finger in water and lightly coat the edges of the wrapper with water. The water will act as glue to keep the edges of the dumplings intact when wrapped.
Add in the filling on the center of the wrapper.
Now it’s time to wrap!
Fold the two ends. Press it well together.
You can make creases on the sides or just press together the edges.
- 1 cup ground Super Tempeh (pre-steamed for 10 minutes), crumbled
- 1/8 cup + 1 tbsp teriyaki sauce (or sauce of choice)
- 1 tsp oil
- On a pan, heat oil.
- Add in tempeh and sauce.
- Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Place in a container and cool before adding to the dumpling wrappers.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.
- 2 cups beansprouts
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1/2-3/4 cup carrots, shredded (from 1 large carrot)
- 1/4 cup bell peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- [br] For Dumplings
- Ground Super Tempeh
- Mixed vegetable filling
- Flour dumpling wrappers (store-bought)
- In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix in onions. Sauté until cooked.
- Add in carrots.
- Add 1/4 cup water to cook down carrots.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and cook well.
- Strain excess liquid from the vegetables and cool down before wrapping the dumplings.
- Steam dumplings for 5-8 minutes.