Who doesn’t love spaghetti and meatballs? We worked on a vegan version of the classic favourite and came up with something just as good but plant-based and cholesterol-free! We used our Mushroom Quinoa Meatballs recipe and cooked it in some tomato sauce before adding in some cooked pasta! For this one we actually used some linguini pasta but you can of course use some spaghetti or any type you want!
Check out the recipe below.
Mushroom Quinoa Meatballs
Makes around 16 meatballs
- In a non-stick or lightly-oiled pan, sauté the mushrooms with the onions and garlic. This is to get the water out of the mushrooms especially if you’re using fresh ones.
- In a bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients along with the cooked mushrooms, garlic, and onions.
- Place the mixture into a food processor/blender and process until well incorporated. In this part you can opt to leave chunks of the mushrooms or process it into a fine paste-like texture similar to ground meat.
- In a pan, heat some oil for frying. You can also bake the meatballs but they won’t turn out as evenly brown and crisp.*
- Roll the balls and set aside for cooking.
- Fry the meatballs for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
ABOUT THE SUPERFOOD GROCER
We started The Superfood Grocer to empower more people to take in more nutrient-rich, fiber-rich, plant-based foods to thrive, combat lifestyle diseases, and spend more time with our loved ones in the best of health. We believe that we all have the power to choose to change our lives, and it starts with the small decisions we make everyday.
We are also passionate about making more plant-based alternatives available that are supportive of farmers, compassionate to animals, and gentler to the planet.
Choose to live a SUPER life! Let us show you how.
For a roster of our Super products, come on over to thesuperfoodgrocer. com
Follow us on Instagram: @thesuperfoodgrocer