Though dates are already perfect snacks as is, sometimes you crave for something sweet and decadent. Here’s one of our favourite quick and easy raw desserts — Raw Cacao Date Energy Balls that are packed energy, protein, nutrients and chocolatey goodness all without the guilt.
Dates are a sweet and chewy fruit that is nutritious and has a delicious sweet taste. It is high in fiber and is free from cholesterol and saturated fat making dates a heart-healthy choice. Dates are also high in potassium which is important in maintaining healthy blood pressure. Dates have high iron content which makes them great for those suffering from anemia.
For energy, dates is an excellent choice because they are rich with glucose, a simple carbohydrate which goes straight to the liver for immediate consumption. The body does not to break it down any further thus providing instant energy. Glucose rich foods such as dates are excellent for high-intensity workouts when used as a pre-workout fuel source or as a quick way to replenish lost glycogen. You can get our dates here.
- 1 cup SFG Pitted Dates, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes
- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tbsp SFG Coco Nectar, or sweetener of choice
- Roughly process the oats. Add in the cocoa powder.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until a dough-type consistency is formed.
- Soak your hands with a little water before rolling mixture into balls.
- Roll into coco sugar, crushed nuts or desiccated coconut.
- Refrigerate for a firmer and harder consistency.*
- *Can be kept refrigerated for weeks.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.