Hello there, Super!
If you’re on this page, then you’re clearly stepping up and choosing to make positive changes for your and your family’s health.
Allow us to walk you through the first step you can take that can make a tremendous impact on your long-term Super health: Adding a delicious Super Green Smoothie that is bursting with life, nutrients, and fiber to your daily habits.
Are you ready to go Super?
Let’s get started.
Ralph & Carmela The Superfood Grocer
- a blender (any will do)
- ripe Lacatan bananas
- any add-on fruit of choice (mango, pineapple, papaya, etc.)
- leafy greens (you can start with mild flavored ones like kangkong or green camote tops)
- your rockin’ Superfood StarterPack from The Superfood Grocer (Philippines)
How to make a Green Smoothie
This recipe guide is available for download in PDF format at the bottom of this page.
Step 1: Choose your fruit base
- Bananas (Lacatan is a great variety. The riper, the better. The more black spots on the skin, the more antioxidants. Even better smooth and creamy texture if peeled and frozen, ready to use anytime.). 2 bananas can serve as a great base for a 32oz Super smoothie.
- Other fruits as long as it is not water based (like orange and grapes) can be used as a base fruit. Try Mangoes, Peaches, Papaya, Pears, Apples, Avocado and even Durian.
Step 2: Choose your add-on fruits
Add your fruit of choice. Think of those that would make great combinations. Examples are banana-mango, strawberry-banana, banana-papaya, banana-blueberry — the list goes on! The Philippines (where we come from) is abundant in tropical fruits.
You can also opt to keep it simple (a mono smoothie) and stick to purely a Banana Super Green Smoothie. Simple is great!
As you start, your taste buds will give you a clue on what foods combine best (also for digestion purposes). Get creative! 🙂
- Soursop (Guyabano)
Step 3: Choose your leafy greens
(Don’t skip this — this is the most crucial part as leafy greens are bursting with living nutrients that are much needed by our body to thrive and protect itself from — and even reverse — disease. We promise it will taste delicious! Save for the color, you won’t even notice the greens.)
You can choose 1 type of leafy greens or use a combination. It would be best if you routinely switch up your greens. Dark leafy greens are best, but you can start with greens that have a milder flavor, such as kangkong or talbos ng kamote (camote tops). Popular greens that can be used, among many many others:
- Green or Purple Talbos ng Kamote (Camote Tops)
- Spinach (can get thick after a while)
- Romaine Lettuce
- Alugbati (bitter for some)
Try not to take malunggay (moringa) fresh, unless you use the leaves only (The stems can be itchy to the throat). Malunggay is also powerful, and too much can cause dizziness to some.
Step 4: Add your rockin’ Superfoods
Superfoods are natural foods that have exemplary nutritional properties, just like our very own Malunggay (Moringa).
Benefits of adding Superfoods to your Super Green Smoothies include:
- waking up feeling refreshed and energized
- less cravings (from excellent nutrition and fiber from the Super Green Smoothies)
- deeper sleep
- faster recovery
- glowing skin
- super immunity
- a supercharged, more vibrant, healthier you
- Includes the 4 to 5 essential Superfood ingredients you will need for your Supercharged Green Smoothies (Maca Powder, Malunggay (Moringa), Spirulina, Camu Camu, Cacao Nibs, and Coconut Sugar)
- Starts at Php999 for 4 Superfoods already, good for 1 month
- Natural, Organic, 100% Plant-Based
- Conveniently delivered straight to your doorstep!
Step 5: Choose your liquid base
Can use one or a combination. Sometimes fresh coconut water can be sweet so you can balance this with water half-half, for example. Nut milk can also be too rich (nuts have healthy fats, but use in moderation), so you can also balance this out with water. If you want it pure, water is just fine!
- Fresh Coconut Water
- Non-Dairy Soy or Nut Milk
- Citrus Juice (e.g. fresh orange, dalandan juice)
Add in 4 to 5 large ice cubes (double if your ice cubes are small), to make the smoothie immediately cold and refreshing. You can also freeze coconut water into ice cubes for added super electrolytes.
Optional: Add a kick with herbs
You can also add a small handful of herbs such as mint, basil, cilantro, among others, for a detox punch.
For now, you can still to the basic recipe.
Step 6: Blend away and power up!
1. Start with this delicious easy beginner green smoothie recipe >>
Also get our awesome comprehensive Green Smoothie Starter Guide !
2. Get your Superfood StarterPack >>