Most people think that their diseases — be it heart disease, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, or other chronic disease — are here to stay, and that the best they can do is just manage them with medication for the rest of their lives. Most of us also think that these diseases are borne of genetics (“Because my grandmother had diabetes, and my mom also has diabetes, I will most likely have diabetes as well.”). This is typically how we view chronic disease that “run in the family” or are a natural part of “getting old”. If this is the case for you, then this Podcast Episode brings you good news — GREAT news. Many have already successfully conquered their respective diseases — even after having them for decades. Some have reversed their diabetes in 3 weeks. One man reversed his arthritis in 3 days – after struggling with it for 17 years. Some have gone back down to normal cholesterol levels (and ZERO risk of ever having a heart attack) in less than a month. The answer, as simple as it sounds, is in the power of your lifestyle. In this episode of the GOING SUPER Podcast, we interview a very special guest who has helped
Filipinos reverse their respective diseases and take back their health and their lives. We interview Dr. Johann Kim T. Manez, a lifestyle medicine doctor here in the Philippines. In our past episodes we always share the benefits of a plant-based diet, but it is certainly awesome to hear about its role in reversing disease particularly from a medical practitioner in the Philippines. Dr. Johann is the first Filipino lifestyle medicine doctor to be part of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and the PCRM (Physicians Committee of Responsible Medicine), which includes other notable medical doctors who champion reversing disease through food such as Dr. Neal Barnard (author of Reversing and Preventing Diabetes) and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn (author of Preventing and Reversing Heart Disease). Dr Johann shares his Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP), which has produced incredible success stories with his patients such as reversing diabetes in 4 weeks and reversing arthritis in less than a week. So perk up your ears! Grab a jumbo green smoothie, or a big bowl of fresh fruit, or a jumbo salad. And let’s get started on that journey to live YOUR Super life. The topics we discuss in this episode:
- What is lifestyle medicine?
- How does a normal consultation go with lifestyle medicine?
- What really causes diabetes if not sugar? The relationship of food and diabetes and how to reverse it
- Success stories of Dr. Johann’s patients who have diabetes and has reversed it in as little as 4 weeks
- The relationship of lifestyle and heart disease
- Success stories of Dr. Johann’s patients who have reversed their heart disease
- On cancer, should I undergo chemotherapy? Dr. Johann’s shares his experiences and success rates
- Can I cure my disease through exercise without nutrition?
- Dr Johann’s Complete Health Improvement Program (CHIP)