This is one of those perfectly comforting recipes that’s perfect for a rainy day. It’s good enough as a meal as is with the fiber and protein-packed Quinoa and the generous amount of some macaroni. It’s extremely delicious from all the flavours of the vegetables that go perfectly well together.
Check out the recipe below!
Comforting Vegan Minestrone Recipe
2 tbsp oil
1 large carrot, cut into chunks (around 1/2 cup)
3 stalks celery (around 1/3 cup), chopped
2 fresh tomatoes, diced (around 1/4 cup)
7 cups water
5 tsp salt
1/2 cup uncooked SFG Quinoa
1 tsp thyme
1 zucchini diced
- In a pot, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Sauté the onion until tender. Add in the minced garlic and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Sauté the carrots, celery, and tomatoes for 3-5 minutes. Add in the water, canned tomatoes, quinoa, thyme, and salt.
- Leave to boil over medium heat for 30 minutes. Add the zucchini halfway through.
- Add the macaroni. Leave to boil for another 20 minutes. Enjoy while hot.
We started The Superfood Grocer to empower more people to take in more nutrient-rich, fiber-rich, plant-based foods to thrive, combat lifestyle diseases, and spend more time with our loved ones in the best of health. We believe that we all have the power to choose to change our lives, and it starts with the small decisions we make everyday.
We are also passionate about making more plant-based alternatives available that are supportive of farmers, compassionate to animals, and gentler to the planet.
Choose to live a SUPER life! Let us show you how.
For a roster of our Super products, come on over to thesuperfoodgrocer. com
Follow us on Instagram: @thesuperfoodgrocer