Potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C, iron, energy and other nutrients yet they’re often vilified as bad carbohydrates because of how they’re cooked. Here we have a homemade Hash Brown recipe, made cheesy with the use of nutritional yeast, and cooked in very minimal or no oil. This is a perfect and filling breakfast that is sure to give you the energy you need to Superstart your morning. You can also prepare these hash browns days before and just freeze them after cooking. This way, you an easily heat them in the morning, either on a pan or in the oven toaster. Enjoy!
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and shredded (about 1 large and 1 small, or 3 medium)
- 1 tbsp SFG Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- Coconut or olive oil for cooking
- Peel then shred potatoes. Place in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 2 mins and 30 seconds until potatoes are slightly cooked through.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Place the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix well. Form into patties.
- Brush pan with a little oil.
- Add in the patties, 5 mins on each side or until golden brown.
- Enjoy while hot.
- **Note: You may also oven-bake the hash browns.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the hash browns
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350F or until golden brown.
- Marinara Sauce
- 10-12 cherry tomatoes, or 2 regular tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water, or more depending on desired consistency
- 2 tsp SFG Coco Sugar
- Dash of salt
- Blend everything together.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.