A really simple Tempeh recipe. We pre-steamed our tempeh before marinating it in our homemade barbecue sauce. We paired our barbecue tempeh strips with rice and sautéed pechay but you can also have yours as a wrap or as is. This dish is extremely flavourful and packed with protein and nutrients.
SUPER TEMPEH is a great cholesterol-free, plant-based source of protein, with 19g of protein per 100 g. It is made from fermented, non-GMO soybeans, and compared to tofu, it is not processed and is easier to digest (due to tempeh being fermented). It also has a firmer and chewy texture. When done right (steaming before marinating and cooking), tempeh provides a flavorful and meaty alternative to star in your everyday cholesterol-free, protein-packed dishes.
To order our Super Tempeh, click here.
- 1 pack Super Tempeh, steamed
- Barbecue sauce
- Cut steamed tempeh into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- Brush with barbecue sauce or seasoning of choice.
- Marinade for 10-15 minutes or overnight.
- Pan fry or grill for 2-3 minutes on each side over medium heat.
- 1 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tbsp SFG Coco Sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp liquid aminos/soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cane vinegar
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- In a saucepan, add all ingredients, bring to a boil then simmer over low heat.
- Stir frequently for 5-8 minutes,
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.