We love the cheesy and unique savoury flavour of Nutritional Yeast so we tried it out with tofu. We coated our tofu cubes with a simple mix of nutritional yeast and soy sauce. So simple yet so packed with flavour. We paired cheesy tofu cubes with mixed sautéed vegetables over a bed of Japanese rice and gochujang chilli paste.
Nutritional Yeast, also known as ’nooch’, is packed with Vitamin B12 and protein. It is high in fiber, low in sodium and also gluten, cholesterol and dairy-free.
To order and find out more about nutritional yeast, click here.
Baked Tofu with Cheesy Nutritional Yeast Recipe
- 2 blocks firm tofu
- 6 tbsp SFG nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp soy sauce, tamari or liquid aminos
- 2 tsp oil
- Drain tofu from excess water and pat dry (cover with 2 napkins and place a plate to drain excess liquid).
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl except the tofu. Mix well.
- Heat oven to 325F.
- Coat tofu in the mixture. Place on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.