We realized we haven’t gotten the chance to share this Baked Cheesy Falafels Recipe so finally, here it is! We loved having this with our Cheesy Dill Hummus and Rainbow Quinoa Salad. Having the three together surely won’t disappoint but having this falafel as is, with a refreshing salad or even in a wrap or burger will be amazing too.
We used Nutritional Yeast to give these falafels the cheesy savoury flavour. Nutritional yeast is a deactivated source of yeast grown on molasses. It has a subtle flavor that is typically used in recipes as a dairy-free cheesy flavor substitute.
Nutritional yeast is one of the best plant-based sources of Vitamin B12, crucial for proper brain functioning. It is also high in protein, accounting for half of its weight in grams. One tablespoon (8g) of nutritional yeast provides 4g of protein and will meet the recommended dosage for adults of Vitamin B12.
- 1 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup SFG nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp tahini
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Heat oven to 350F or 180C.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process just enough for ingredients to be incorporated well. Leave small chickpea bits.
- **Feel free to hand mix after chickpeas are mashed. [br]
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease the pan with a little oil.
- Form mixture into patties or balls.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Flip halfway through.
Power up! Experience more energy, less cravings, faster recovery, stronger immunity, and a more vibrant, Supercharged you. Choose to live a Super life!
Click below to get started.